So, what is claircognizance and are there any simple ways to develop it?
Read on to discover the differences between all the “clairs” and what you can do to develop your claircognizant skills through five easy steps to build and enhance your abilities.
You’ll discover how to become more attuned with yourself and the world.
– Updated 2/11/2020
What Is Claircognizance?
Have you ever experienced a moment in time when you just knew something without needing any physical evidence, or the need to use any of your other senses?
Otherwise known as “clear-knowing,” it’s a sudden thought that turns out to be true.
One of the most important elements in developing, maintaining and even enhancing claircognizance (or clear-knowing), is being aware of it in the first place and then paying attention to it wherever and whenever it occurs.
You’d be surprised just how many times this skill is used on a daily basis, so consider starting off by keeping a journal in order to record these events.
Paying attention to its presence in your life is the first step to realizing your potential for developing this highly important skill.
Keep in mind that there could’ve been and might still be times where claircognizance possibly saved your life.
The next thing to be aware of is the difference between similar phenomena, briefly explained below:
Clairvoyance – Receiving a vision, image or visual message in your mind’s eye which you can interpret, like a dream.
Clairaudience – Receiving verbal warnings, thoughts, messages or even music or signing from another plane.
Clairsentience – Receiving messages via sensations and feelings in the body, where you physically sense things.
With claircognizance, you are receiving knowledge which is not provided by external evidence or stimuli.
It’s usually fleeting, but powerfully potent, especially in times of danger or events with grave or important outcomes.
Some even say that the messages come from your Guardian Angel.
Examples of Times Where Claircognizance Could Be at Play
Oftentimes, we find ourselves in a situation where we look back and say, “I knew that was going to happen” or “why didn’t I listen to myself?”
Most of us would agree that this happens quite frequently, and we try to tell ourselves that next time, we’ll do better and pay attention to our initial responses and thoughts about any particular situation.
There’s something to be said about following our instincts sometimes, wherever they seem to come from.
Typical Events Where Claircognizance Occurs
- Near-misses while driving,
- Impulse buying where we later have buyer’s remorse,
- Deciding not to go on a trip that ends in disaster,
- Declining a job offer that soon proves to be a blessing in disguise,
- Not stepping off the curb and barely missing being hit by a car.
– and many other events where, against reason and all odds, the outcome proves to be a prudent decision, made in the blink of an eye.
How to Develop and Enhance Claircognizance in 5 Steps
- Use yourself as a guinea pig. As mentioned before, use a journal to record each time you feel claircognizance coming into play, no matter how small or how big you think the event or decision will be. Later – whether days, weeks, months or years later – go back to your notes and check the relevance of those initial thoughts.
- Another important element involves being in tune with yourself, which includes body, mind, spirit and emotions. Analysis can be beneficial, but also expensive and time consuming. If you keep a journal for everyday affairs, keep note of what type of person you think you are and how you interact with others.
- Learn how to differentiate between things like negative self-talk, wishful thinking, other people’s projections, random irrelevant thoughts and true experiences with claircognizance. Sometimes your initial thoughts could be in response to knee-jerk reactions, learned behavioral responses and external, unrelated elements.
- Meditation is an essential tool for understanding yourself and the world around you. Clearing your mind from mental clutter will ensure that your thoughts are clean and focused, therefore making it easier to differentiate between noisy static and true, relevant knowledge unfettered by distraction and conditioning.
- Be more aware of your surroundings and try to lessen your stress levels by eating right, exercising and keeping check on how you feel about yourself, others and the kind of life you’re living. Develop your mental faculties by reading, discussing and extending your knowledge base beyond social media, TV and other distractions.
Here is a video about the differences between what are known as the four “clairs” – clairvoyance, clairsentience, claircognizance and clairaudience by Gigi Young:
Whether you’re planning to practice these methods and skills in order to enhance your own claircognizance or to assist others, you will soon notice how much more attuned you will be with yourself and the world around you, along with strengthening your other “clair” skills for a complete boost of your psychic abilities.